Academic year courses
Now you can spend a whole year in Ireland improving your English
We're delighted to offer students the chance to study at Twin Chapterhouse Dublin for an academic year.
Have a question?
+44 (0) 20 8297 3258
Available in our Dublin English centre students can study for a whole academic year, which is 25 weeks of tuition and 8 weeks of holiday.
Students can choose between morning (15hrs), afternoon (15hrs) or both morning and afternoon (22.5hrs) classes. Students can also combine 16.5hrs of General English per week with with 6 hours of IELTS preparation or Business Communications modules (see page 17).
At Twin Chapterhouse Dublin, we help students develop with assessments every two weeks and individual face-to-face feedback.
In order to better your fluency and accuracy, you will need to improve all of your key English skills. We want to make sure that you get the most out of your lessons so our General English course will focus on your,
- Speaking and Listening
- Reading and Writing
- Grammar and Vocabulary
The International English Language Testsing System is the most popular measure of English ability in the world for those who do not speak English as a native language. This course will help you,
- Focus on improving your fluency, accuracy and confidence in English
- Familiarise yourself with the Academic IELTS exam format while improving your exam technique
- Help you develop a strategy so that you are able to perform to the best of your ability
- Improve your skills in all four core skills; reading, writing, speaking and listening
Over this yearlong course classes are divided into Business Skills, in which students focus on learning effective approaches with regard to:
- Telephoning and Emailing English
It will also cover trends and theories and trends in Business and give students the chance to further develop their presentation skills through the exploration of key business concepts and issues.
- Sample Programme
- What's included
- Key facts
|Standard and Intensive courses|
|General English||General English||General English||General English||General English|
|General English/Intensive English module||General English/Intensive English module||General English/Intensive English module||General English/Intensive English module||Afternoon
General English/Intensive English module
- Language placement assessment including grammar, oral and writing - carried out on your first day, this assessment ensures you are placed in the right class.
- Certificate of achievement - upon completion of the course
- Personalised assessment - progress report giving an assessment of your progress in all of the main study areas.
- Access to Twin e-Learning - our very own virtual learning environment. Access is from the time of booking until three months after completion of the course.
15hrs morning + 7.5hrs afternoon (22.5hrs total)
Get a quote > Make an enquiry >