Academic year courses
Now you can spend a whole year in Ireland improving your English
We're delighted to offer students the chance to study at Twin Chapterhouse Dublin for an academic year.
Have a question?
+44 (0) 20 8297 3258
Available in our Dublin English centre, students can study for a whole academic year, which is 25 weeks of tuition and 8 weeks of holiday.
Students can choose between morning (15hrs), afternoon (15hrs) or both morning and afternoon (22.5hrs) classes. Students can also combine 16.5hrs of General English per week with with 6 hours of IELTS preparation or Business Communications modules.
At Twin Chapterhouse Dublin, we help students develop with assessments every two weeks and individual face-to-face feedback.
In order to better your fluency and accuracy, you will need to improve all of your key English skills. We want to make sure that you get the most out of your lessons so our General English course will focus on your,
- Speaking and Listening
- Reading and Writing
- Grammar and Vocabulary
The International English Language Testsing System is the most popular measure of English ability in the world for those who do not speak English as a native language. This course will help you,
- Focus on improving your fluency, accuracy and confidence in English
- Familiarise yourself with the Academic IELTS exam format while improving your exam technique
- Help you develop a strategy so that you are able to perform to the best of your ability
- Improve your skills in all four core skills; reading, writing, speaking and listening
Over this yearlong course classes are divided into Business Skills, in which students focus on learning effective approaches with regard to:
- Telephoning and Emailing English
It will also cover trends and theories and trends in Business and give students the chance to further develop their presentation skills through the exploration of key business concepts and issues.
- Sample Programme
- What's included
- Key facts
|Standard and Intensive courses|
|General English||General English||General English||General English||General English|
|General English/Intensive English module||General English/Intensive English module||General English/Intensive English module||General English/Intensive English module||Afternoon
General English/Intensive English module
Closing days 2019:
- January 1st
- 19th, 22nd April - Easter break
- May 6th, 27th
- August 26th
- December 23rd-31st- Christmas/New Years break
- Language placement assessment including grammar, oral and writing - carried out on your first day, this assessment ensures you are placed in the right class.
- Certificate of achievement - upon completion of the course
- Personalised assessment - progress report giving an assessment of your progress in all of the main study areas.
- Access to Twin e-Learning - our very own virtual learning environment. Access is from the time of booking until three months after completion of the course.
15hrs morning + 7.5hrs afternoon (22.5hrs total)
Closing days 2019:
Deposit, fees and payment
Full fees are due 28 days before the start of the course. If a student books a course less than 28 days before the start of the course full fees are payable immediately.
Direct students required to apply for visa before travelling must pay £250 non-refundable deposit in order to receive the visa letter. All other direct students must always pay in full at the time of booking.
Documents can may be sent by courier at the request of the student or agent. TTI will charge for this service.
- After 14 days:
Cancellations must be made in writing and confirmed by TTI at least 14 days before the start of the course. Tuition fees will be refunded minus a £100 cancellation fee.
- Less than 14 days:
Fees will be refunded minus one week's tuition fees and any airport transfer charges.
- Cancellation after arrival:
Once you have started your course tuition fees are non-refundable.
Refunds may take up to 28 days to process to process.
Read our full terms and conditions
Get a quote > Make an enquiry >
You may also like
Morning and Afternoon English
Our Morning and Afternoon English course gives students an extra 8 hours per week of study in General English tuition.
At Twin Chapterhouse we can create tailor made courses to help students better their English skills for working in specific sectors.