Let us find the right accommodation for you at our school in Eastbourne
Accommodation in Eastbourne
We know that safety, cleanliness and comfort in their accommodation is an important for a student making the transition to their new life in the UK.
Students that are aged under 18 stay with local host families. For those aged over 18 who may prefer to live more independently, we offer a private home arrangement.
Families are usually within 40 minutes travel time from school on foot or by public transport, and within an apporoximate distance of two miles. A weekly travel ticket for buses in Eastbourne costs £15.
Our Accommodation officer or a member of the team visits all our homestay providers regularly to make sure that they meet our own high standards and comply with British Council guidelines.
Please note that our homestays are provided by trusted local organisers.
Homestay for under 18s
- Students aged 17 and under can expect to share a room with another student
- The hosts treat the student like a member of the family, eating together and sharing the common living areas of the house together.
- Accommodation is generally full-board
(note students on an adult programme that are aged 16-17 may book half-board with parental consent.)
- The maximum number of students in the house is 4
- The house is clean and comfortable with adequate heating and lighting
- A comfortable bed and study facilities, with sufficient hanging and drawer space for your clothes
- Fresh bed linen and towels every week
- Access to washing facilities and bathrooms on a daily basis
- Laundry once a week
Fee in 2018: One person sharing a twin room, with breakfast, packed lunch and dinner - £135 per week
Please note that B&B accommodation is not a suitable option for 16-17 year-olds.
Private Home for over 18s
Students stay with host families and there may be more than four students in the house. The homestay conditions outlined above apply.
They are given a single room unless they request to share with a friend in a twin room.
Accommodation is generally half board (breakfast and dinner)
Fee in 2018: One person in a single room, with breakfast and dinner - £140 per week
Other accommodation available in Eastbourne:
Twin is happy to advise on other accommodation options including self-catering, hotels and hostels. Please consult the school.
For further details on fees, please follow the link: http://www.englishcentres.co.uk/fees