Pastoral care for juniors
Read about what we do to keep our junior students safe and happy
Care and support for juniors
We have a number of measures in place to make sure our students are safe and happy during their time with us.
Although 16-17 year olds may be enrolled on adult courses, we recognise the need for greater care for under 18s with the following:
- Under 16s and over 16s are kept separate during lessons and breaks.
- Our staff are responsible for the supervision of individual students under 16, whereas under 16 groups of students must be supervised by group leaders.
- A separate room is provided for junior students at lunch time.
- 16-17 year olds on adult courses have weekly pastoral tutorials with a member of our staff.
- 14-15 year olds may travel to our teaching centres only if we are provided with a letter of consent from parents.
- 10-13 year olds must always be accomanied on their journeys to and from our centres.
If you require more information please contact us.