Learn more about British teaching methodologies and our communicative teaching methods.
Our Certificate in Methodology and Language Development is a modular course for non-native teachers of English and those who teach their specialist subject in English. The course is ideal for groups who want to learn more about our communicative teaching methods.
Have a question?
+44 (0) 20 8297 3258
Suitable for primary, secondary, vocational and technical secondary and university level teachers, our teacher development course was designed for those who want to learn more about our teaching methodologies.
Throughout the year, we welcome teacher development groups from all over the world. Please note that we only accept group bookings for this programme.
- More information
- What's included?
- Fast facts
We understand the balance between theory and practice, this course allows you to practise this. Theory lessons include learning about methodologies, discussions about best practice and reading articles. Whereas, the practical aspect of the course involves planning lessons, writing course plans, teaching mock lessons and observing teachers.
The main objectives of the course are to:
- Increase your confidence in all aspects of your English, with particular emphasis on speaking, pronunciation and lexis
- Expand your knowledge of classroom techniques, ideas and practical activities
- Deepen your knowledge of British society and culture through project work and discussion
- Learn how to teach fun, engaging and informative lessons using the communicative approach
- Have the opportunity to share ideas and best practice with other teaching professionals
- Observe highly qualified, experienced English language teachers
- Benefit from a pre-course needs analysis questionnaire to ensure content is relevant and useful
- Benefit from the personalisation of activities according to your teaching context
Twin's Teacher Development course includes:
- Certificate of achievement - upon completion of the course
- Twin social programme - different events, activities and outings every week, many of which are free.
- Pre-course needs-analysis questionnaire
|English Level||Non-native teachers of English IELTS 4.5 (B1 +) Intermediate to Advanced|
Candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and needs analysis.
A motivational letter detailing expectations, objectives and hoped for learning outcomes is also required along with a full Curriculum Vitae and evidence of English Level.
Available all year round
33 lessons per week
Please note that we are able to offer the course for one week only - please contact us for further information.
|Maximum class size||15 students|
|Course assessment and award||
TWIN Certificate in Methodology and Language Development
Modular course, email access to trainers and free advice service for six months following completion.
|Location||London & Eastbourne|
|Standard Course (33 lessons)||£350pw*|
*Residential and homestay accommodation options available with shared or en-suite facilities. B&B, half-board or full-board options are available for homestay.
Prices range starting from £135 per week
Get a quote > Make an enquiry >
You may also like
For groups requiring English tuition that is tailored to your individual needs, our Tailor-made courses are ideal. The course can be created for groups of 10 or more students and a variety of topics can be covered, from Financial English to Medical English.
Our one-to-one English programme provides course contents and materials tailored towards your specific needs. This programme can help improve your exam technique, interview preparation or teach you specialised business vocabulary such as Legal English.