Learn more about British teaching methodologies and our communicative teaching methods.
This is a modular course for non-native teachers of English and those who teach their specialist subject in English, and ideal for groups who want to learn more about our communicative teaching methods.
Have a question?
+44 (0) 20 8297 3258
Teacher Development is a modular programme for non-native teachers of English who want to improve their classroom skills. All courses include sessions on core modules, including EFL Methodology, Developing Language Awareness, Pronunciation and Language Input. Learners with specific areas of interest are
able to tailor course content to match their requirements and levels.
Please note that we only accept group bookings for this programme.
- More information
- What's included?
- Fast facts
We understand the importance of maintaining a balance between theory and practice. Theory lessons include learning about methodologies, discussions about best practice and reading articles. On the other hand, the practical aspect of the course involves planning lessons, writing course plans, teaching mock lessons and observing teachers.
The main objectives of the course are to:
- Increase your confidence in all aspects of your English, with particular emphasis on speaking, pronunciation and lexis
- Expand your knowledge of classroom techniques, ideas and practical activities
- Deepen your knowledge of British society and culture through project work and discussion
- Learn how to teach fun, engaging and informative lessons using the communicative approach
- Have the opportunity to share ideas and best practice with other teaching professionals
- Observe qualified, experienced English language teachers
- Benefit from a pre-course needs analysis questionnaire to ensure content is relevant and useful
- Benefit from activities made according to your needs
Twin's Teacher Development course includes:
- Certificate of achievement - upon completion of the course
- Twin social programme - different events, activities and outings every week, many of which are free.
- Pre-course needs-analysis questionnaire
|English Level||Non-native teachers of English IELTS 4.5 (B1 +) Intermediate to Advanced|
Candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and needs analysis.
Available all year round
21 hours per week
Please note that we are able to offer the course for one week only - please contact us for further information.
|Maximum class size||15 students|
|Course assessment and award||
TWIN Certificate in Methodology and Language Development
Three months access to teacher support service and Twin eLearning after completion of course.
|Location||London, Eastbourne and Dublin|
Closing days 2019:
|Standard Course (21 hours)||£350pw*|
*Residential and homestay accommodation options available with shared or en-suite facilities. B&B, half-board or full-board options are available for homestay.
Deposit, fees and payment
Full fees are due 28 days before the start of the course. If a student books a course less than 28 days before the start of the course full fees are payable immediately.
Direct students required to apply for visa before travelling must pay £250 non-refundable deposit in order to receive the visa letter. All other direct students must always pay in full at the time of booking.
Documents can may be sent by courier at the request of the student or agent. TTI will charge for this service.
- After 14 days:
Cancellations must be made in writing and confirmed by TTI at least 14 days before the start of the course. Tuition fees will be refunded minus a £100 cancellation fee.
- Less than 14 days:
Fees will be refunded minus one week's tuition fees and any airport transfer charges.
- Cancellation after arrival:
Once you have started your course tuition fees are non-refundable.
Refunds may take up to 28 days to process to process.
Read our full terms and conditions
Get a quote > Make an enquiry >
You may also like
For groups requiring English tuition that is tailored to your individual needs, our Tailor-made courses are ideal. The course can be created for groups of 10 or more students and a variety of topics can be covered, from Financial English to Medical English.
Our one-to-one English programme provides course contents and materials tailored towards your specific needs. This programme can help improve your exam technique, interview preparation or teach you specialised business vocabulary such as Legal English.