Terms and Conditons
Please read our full terms and conditions below
Terms and Conditions
These conditions set out the terms of contract between you, the customer, and Twin Group.
- In registering with us, a student accepts Twin Training International's terms and conditions of enrolment.
- TTI reserves the right to refuse any applicant who does not meet the programme eligibility requirements.
- Students must pay either a deposit or full payment before TTI can issue any registration documents.
Fees and Payment
- Full fees are due 28 days before the start of the course or TTI may cancel the course. If a student books a course less than 28 days before the start of the course full fees are payable immediately. Direct students required to apply for visa before travelling must pay £250 non-refundable deposit in order to receive the visa letter. All other direct students must always pay in full at the time of booking.
- If credit card or bank charges are applied to any financial transaction, the student or their representative [agent or educational advisor] is responsible for and will cover the cost of financial transfers to the school. Also in the event that the school sends money to the student or agent, the recipient will pay all bank charges in their country.
- Documents can be sent by courier at the request of the student or agent. TTI will charge for this service.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Cancellation before arrival: Cancellations must be made in writing and their receipt confirmed by TTI at least 14 days before the start of the course. In the case that more than 14 days notice of cancellation is given, any tuition fees will be refunded less a £100 cancellation fee. Less than 14 days notice of cancellation given we will retain one week's tuition fees and any airport transfer fees.
- Cancellation after arrival: TTI accept enrolments on the understanding that a student will remain for the duration of the course booked. Once you have started your course tuition fees are non-refundable.
- In the case of non or late arrival tuition fees are non-refundable.
- Homestay cancellation. A compensation fee of 1 week's homestay will be charged in cases where less than 7 days notice is given.
- Residential accommodation. No refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Visas. In the case of visa refusal [for Tier 4 see below] non-refundable deposit will be retained.
- Refunds may take up to 28 days to process to process.
Tier 4 Visas
- Special conditions apply. A CAS letter will only be supplied after fees have been paid in full. Once a CAS has been issued no tuition fees will be refunded.
- Refunds will not be made under circumstances where TTI is not liable for loss of tuition or other services.
Student Language Levels
- Some courses are not suitable for beginners or there may be minimum requirements. It is your responsibility to check that your language level is suitable. If on arrival we find that your level is unsuitable for the course we will cancel your course or make arrangements for an alternative programme. In any event there will be no refund of fees.
Students with learning difficulties, serious health problems or disabilities must inform TTI of these issues when booking
- TTI will accept applications where it is practical and where we are able to provide a suitable programme.
- English Centre Eastbourne is not able to accept students with physical disabilities affecting mobility. The school does not have disabled access or lavatory facilities.
1. When necessary, Twin Group reserves the right to alter the teacher/timetable and/or transfer students from one class or course to another, from one time of study to another, and to merge small classes or cancel classes and courses.
2. The student cannot change from a full-time course or a part-time course to a one-to-one class without prior notice.
3. Twin Group reserves the right to use additional classrooms in other buildings located near the school.
- Minimum ages for programmes are published against each programme on our website and in our brochures. Students who are under the minimum age for their course will not be accepted and will be requested to return home at their own expense.
- TTI schools are generally closed on Public Holidays [please check with the school]. The fees for weeks that include public holidays are charged at the full weekly rate. Lessons will not be refunded or delivered on a different date.
Attendance, Conduct and Behaviour
- Students will not receive a course certificate if their attendance is less than 80%.
- TTI reserves the right to refuse an enrolment, or in the case of unsatisfactory work, attendance or conduct to dismiss a student from a course or their accommodation or both, without a refund. Please see the code of conduct for more information.
- Visa students who do not attend lessons regularly will be reported to the UKBA.
- TTI is not liable for loss, damage, illness or injury to persons or property however caused except where statutory liability applies.
Accommodation is booked in 1 week units with students expected to arrive at the accommodation on a Sunday before the start of their course and leave on a Saturday or Sunday.
- If a student arrives or departs on other days TTI will attempt to provide alternative, short stay homestay or assist in finding hotel accommodation. The cost of such accommodation will be the student's responsibility.
- Students aged 17 or under must choose homestay accommodation.
- TTI reserve the right to change homestay accommodation during a student's stay.
- Students will not enter into separate contracts with homestay providers assigned by TTI. Failure to comply will result in immediate cancellation of the homestay and a financial penalty to the student.
- For students under the age of 18 [16 or 17].
- Accommodation will be homestay - there will be a maximum of 3 other students in the household.
- There will always be a responsible adult at home overnight.
- Curfew conditions may apply and will be given to the student on registration.
- Parental consent required should students wish to stay out overnight.
- Parents may be requested to sign a Parental Agreement.
Additional Terms and Conditions regarding students under the age of 18
- The parents/guardians agree that if the student is under 18 should any emergency [e.g. involving sickness or injury to the applicant] arise, the Principal or his authorised agent stands in loco parentis and may take any decision[s] they consider appropriate in the circumstances.
- Further information is available on request.
Additional Terms and Conditions regarding Accommodation and the Care of Juniors
- Junior Summer Vacation and some group programmes will have additional terms and conditions. Please refer to documents relating to these programmes for details.
- Complaints must be made in writing and submitted to the school while the student is attending the course.
- The Principal will consider and decide on the solution.
- If the complaint can not be resolved or the student is dissatisfied with the Principal or TTI's Directors decision, the student can appeal to English UK www.englishuk.com/en/students/complaints
Promotional videos, photographs and publicity.
- You and your parents/guardians agree that TTI may take photographs or videos of you during your time with us and also mention your achievements and that these may be used for promotional purposes by TTI without consent or notification. However, if you do not wish to appear in any promotional materials please notify us at the time of booking.
- TTI must see and make a copy of every student's passport/ID card/visa as appropriate as well as details of the student's next of kin.
- Students' details are kept on computer based administrative systems and in accordance with UK data protection laws.
- Information on students may be passed to government agencies for the purposes of detecting fraud.
- Please contact TTI for further information.
- TTI may update its Terms and Conditions regularly. The version of the Terms and Conditions on the website will be valid and override any previous versions on any documents or websites.
All contracts and agreements with TTI are governed by UK law.